Air line setup w/pics!

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:12 pm
I'm running 3/4" from compressor all the way to the filter dryer, the inlet of the filter dryer is 1/2" NPT, the outlet of the filter dryer is 1/4" NPSM, will this setup be good for painting?

Out of the regulator(on the dryer), I have 25' of 3/8 hose, but I don't think it's long enough, will 50' be too long, too much pressure drop?

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:53 am
My setup is completely different than yours (a/c condenser, fan, water trap tank), so I can't comment on the piping.

Make sure you replace those industrial type connectors with high-flow connectors, like Milton V-style, if you haven't already. Makes a huge difference in air flow.

Twenty five feet is too short for my shop by about two feet, so I'm picking up a 50' hose this morning before I BC/CC. I'm going to cut it down some so I'm not stumbling over all that hose.

Here is a calculator for pressure drop. http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/pressure-drop-compressed-air-pipes-d_852.html

The air leaving my main tanks is very dry, so I added a quick disconnect before the QC-3 so that I can run my air tools without using up m desiccant.

One thing about the QC-3. The indicator on mine started to change color very quickly, like the next day, with minimal usage, never a droplet of water in either the pre-filter/separator or the QC-3's trap, and barely a 1/2 teaspoon of water draining out of the main tanks each morning. I'll just replace the desiccant cartridge before each project and ignore the indicator.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Thanks, I was thinking about having a Tee before the dryer so I can by pass it.

Return to Tools and Supplies