Compressor Limitiations

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:38 pm
Here's my situation. I have an MG I'm stripping and prepping for paint. Everything is down to bare metal and I'm ready to spray epoxy, do minor body filling, slick sand, then 2k urethane. All the door, fenders, panels are off.....so I'll just be spraying panels individually.

My compressor isn't really equipped for HVLP guns (HF 30 gallon 5.9 CFM @90 / 7.3 @40psi) and I can't get 220v into my garage to power a better compressor (panel is full and its a rental property). I'm planning on letting a professional do the base/clear coats......so I really only need the capacity to spray the primers and slick sand. What are my options? LVLP guns? Whats a good low CFM gun? I found a Devilbiss Finishline 4 on craigslist .....but my compressor definitely can't ahndle that. Reading through the forums of many DIY auto sprayers.....I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't have a 220v compressor.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:57 pm
Check out the Eastwood concours gun, I think it's rated at 4cfm at 18psi, with a 1.8 or 2.0 tip/needle it should spray the slick sand fine a panel at a time with ur compressor.

Return to Tools and Supplies