charge air pro compressors

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:56 pm
just bought a charge air pro compressor can anyone tell me about them? its an 5 hp 80 gallon .where do I get parts?needs a pressure switch and air filter.thoughts on a silencer ? auto drain?thanks guys

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:27 pm
supercarpt722 wrote:just bought a charge air pro compressor can anyone tell me about them? its an 5 hp 80 gallon .where do I get parts?needs a pressure switch and air filter.thoughts on a silencer ? auto drain?thanks guys

The pressure switch is probably an off the shelf item. I paid $150 for a replacement switch for my Kobalt, but after gaining some experience, I could have easily installed a $25 Square D switch, or any number of other cheaper switches. Special order, so I couldn't send it back. :cry:

Find one with the correct NPT thread size for where it attaches to the tank, and for where the bleeder valve attaches to the check valve. You should also look for one that has cut-in and cut-out adjustments, and a differential adjustment, though not necessary, is nice to have.

Here's a helpful video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh_hfD3rCA0

My Harbor Freight auto drain worked for about a week, then crapped out. Other options are much more expensive, if I recall correctly.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:55 pm
I agree with natemoore on the harbor freight drain. Mine worked for about 3 hrs. After I took that off I put a simple ball valve on. The ball valve is easier to use then the factory drain that come on the compressor.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:25 pm
Squirrel11 wrote:I agree with natemoore on the harbor freight drain. Mine worked for about 3 hrs. After I took that off I put a simple ball valve on. The ball valve is easier to use then the factory drain that come on the compressor.

Dang, that's a great idea Squirrel and so simple. I'm going to pick one up next time I'm at the hardware store.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:50 pm
ok thanks but does any one know where to get parts for them?whats a good cut in and cut out pressure to get?will see some painting to plus other work.

Return to Tools and Supplies