help with budget/starter gun info

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:40 pm
natemoore wrote:Thanks for the compliment. It does have factory orange peel, just like practically every brand new car I observe on the road. I should have never painted my truck. Today, the Lowes guy leaned up against my truck while placing a bag of sand in the back. I cringed. :knockout:

I hear you one that. Way back in '98 I fixed a wrecked s10 up to drive in high school. I finally was able to save enough to get some cheap acrylic bright red paint. Sprayed it up, color matching handles, mirrors bumper, roll-pan. Man was I proud wasn't the best paint job ever by a long shot. One of my buddies put a big gulp on it and I nearly took his head off. We jumped in the truck and two stop light later, a Ford Ranger t-boned us, totaled right there. The small big gulp ring was what I wished to only have after that. lol

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:15 pm
randomBullets wrote:Can anyone confirm that the one sold on this site comes with 3 tips, regulator, and plastic cup? http://www.autobody101.com/store/spray-guns/devilbiss-finishline-4-flg-671/

Sorry I had missed your question; yes I am selling the full retail kit - everything included as you stated. Minor point but wanted you to be sure you knew -- this gun comes with three different sized fluid tips, but uses the same needle for each. The needle simply seats a bit differently in each tip but you are getting the 1.3, 1.5 and 1.8 sizes.

I took both the photos on that sales page in my dining room believe it or not ;-)

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:36 am
chris wrote:
randomBullets wrote:Can anyone confirm that the one sold on this site comes with 3 tips, regulator, and plastic cup? http://www.autobody101.com/store/spray-guns/devilbiss-finishline-4-flg-671/

Sorry I had missed your question; yes I am selling the full retail kit - everything included as you stated. Minor point but wanted you to be sure you knew -- this gun comes with three different sized fluid tips, but uses the same needle for each. The needle simply seats a bit differently in each tip but you are getting the 1.3, 1.5 and 1.8 sizes.

I took both the photos on that sales page in my dining room believe it or not ;-)

sir I have to tell you I'm leaning toward your deal and just worry about dekups later. Thanks for the reply. Also you have a good deal on the durablocks do you have any other sets hiding around?

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:11 pm
Thanks; you can always get the adapter later and switch to Dekups.

Also, I never put the 'hard sell' on anyone and believe me I want you to get the gun and kit from whichever place you find that will give you the best deal and the options you are looking for. In fact, there is so much margin pressure on these guns from places like TCP and Amazon who like to sell things at zero profit, I am slowly selling down my inventory and will likely not restock. I refuse to play games like some other sites, presenting items for sale they do not have in stock then placing their inventory order when they have a paid customer in hand. That's a way to avoid the inventory carrying cost but to me that is lower than pond scum.

Sorry for the rant it's probably more than you wanted to know.

Those sanding kits are 'it'; same story there.
Previous

Return to Tools and Supplies