what gun for a first timer

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:47 am
What gun would you guys recommend for a first time painter I'm not looking to brake the bank but want some thing semi decent. Right now I'm going to just be spraying epoxy primer with it . Thanks.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:29 am
strokedwindsor wrote:What gun would you guys recommend for a first time painter I'm not looking to brake the bank but want some thing semi decent. Right now I'm going to just be spraying epoxy primer with it . Thanks.

I have the Sharpe Graco/Finnex FX-3000 and used it for both primer and base coat. Works fine. For the clear coat, I bought a Finishline FLG-4. Happy with that, too.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:21 am
Ok .... I found a devilbiss starting line primer gun it's new for like 50 bucks and comes wittipeh a 1.5 and a 1.8 tip I might jump on that deal

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:09 pm
Like you I am also a newbie,but I have sprayed before using a gravity gun and a pressure gun.I have to say not to good at either.Have you ever painted before,reason I ask is to buy maybe a cheapo gun such as the HF and just spray some paint either oil base or maybe water base just to see how it works.Another item is your air compressor,which you will need to know what cfm it will produce so you will need to look for a gun alittle under your compressors cfm rating.Good luck,you and I both need it

Return to Tools and Supplies