paint mask

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:53 am
i picked up a full face mask for painting. a North 7600.
is there an easy way to cover/protect the view shield to keep the paint off of it?

Thanks Mark

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:36 am
Probably just air flow. The air exchange rate in a pro booth setup is quite remarkable but most of us don't have that option. I have the same issue as the overspray doesn't move out of my home booth setup anywhere near as fast as I would like, although it is better since I changed to a positive pressure setup. I just clean the lense between coats, need to wait for the flash time anyway.
Rob

Settled In
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:36 pm
http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/merc ... ry_Code=HP

These work for me.

Settled In
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:20 pm
rjuhasz wrote:Probably just air flow. The air exchange rate in a pro booth setup is quite remarkable but most of us don't have that option. I have the same issue as the overspray doesn't move out of my home booth setup anywhere near as fast as I would like, although it is better since I changed to a positive pressure setup. I just clean the lense between coats, need to wait for the flash time anyway.

is there something in particular that i should use to clean it? i would hate to put something on it that would reck it.

Ed, the shields look like a good idea, but i think i will try the cheaper cleaning method first.
Thanks

Fully Engaged

Canada
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:45 pm
I wonder if something like spray booth mask would work? Find a gal size.

Settled In
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:52 pm
rjuhasz wrote:I have the same issue as the overspray doesn't move out of my home booth setup anywhere near as fast as I would like, although it is better since I changed to a positive pressure setup. I just clean the lense between coats, need to wait for the flash time anyway.

is there something in particular that i should use to clean it? i would hate to put something on it that would reck it.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:14 am
Most professional masks have optional tear off shields that are highly recommended.
In a pinch, you could get some sheets of clear acetate and tape them on.

Return to Tools and Supplies