Digital/PSI Gage Regulator

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:25 am
Guys which one do you prefer,the digital gage or the old reliable PSI gage regulator that mounts on the gun?I believe the digital is more accurate but do they last,does the digital regulator requires a strange size battery that can only be purchase over the net?Is there one that you would suggest or premote?

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:06 am
The digital gages are typically accurate to 0.5 psi or better. The analog gages are usually accurate to about 1.0-1.5 psi.
The analog gates are a little more robust, but not as easy (or quick) to read. They are usually heavier than digital gages.
The digital gage typically has a battery that is good for 1-3 years of use. Some batteries are easily replaceable; many are not. The biggest issue is that a spray booth is considered Class 1 Div 2 (explosion hazard) and that all electronics must qualify to this standard. This means the digital gage must be contained in an airtight enclosure. Replaceable batteries make this difficult.
I've used both gages. It's a matter of cost and personal preference.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:19 am
I prefer my devilbiss analog regulator more over my HF digital reg.

The digital has to be turned on to display the PSI, it only displays for a few seconds and then the display turns off. The analog, I can just glance down as I go. My analog is very robust.

The accuracy is not critical to me.

A couple other notes, these are not actually digital regulators. They are air adjusting valves with digital or analog gauges.

-Vetsen

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:46 am
Thanks guys,I was just wondering what the benefits were if any

Return to Tools and Supplies