Devilbliss 670 Plus Gun

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:39 am
I bought the gun from Chris several months ago and finally got to use it yesterday. I painted inside my door jams and inside my trunk lid and a couple other small parts. I am still adjusting the gun and learning how best to set it up but I was amazed at how well it would lay the paint and clear down. It would flow out smooth as you can get with any gun and the only difference I saw changing the setting was that I would have to speed up or slow the gun down to keep the paint flowing out smooth like I wanted. I can not wait to start shooting the whole car with this gun. Chris I want to thank you for your advice on this spray gun and my air compressor. My compressor only kicked on one time for a short while painting all these parts. It is a great gun for guys like me. I will post a photo of the car when I finish it. Thanks again !

Fully Engaged

Canada
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:54 am
If you can tell us how big your compressor is with the specs,what brand of materials you are using I can tell you how to set that gun pretty close.A good place to start is wide open fluid and fan controls 25 psi for base and 30psi for clear.Depending on what you are spraying the air pressure will be higher or lower but that gun works the best running wide open.I used that gun in a production paint shop for a year or so.HTH

Settled In
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:23 pm
It is a 60 gal. , 6 hp Black Max compressor. I installed 3/8 inch fitting and air hose on it also. I am using a 50 ft hose and have to use 60 lb at the tank to get 40 lb at the gun .

Return to Tools and Supplies