done with Devilbliss!!!

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:47 pm
ok i am done with Devilbliss!!sprays clear like ****!has no fan whatsoever either!it works great for BC but when it comes to the clear you either have to jack up the air so much the clear is dull or overlap so hard to get gloss you get runs.i am not afraid to thow some serious dough at a sata or iwata,but the best clear jobs i have done was with a siphon gun but the fog is horrible...

Fully Engaged

Canada
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:05 pm
For goodness sakes what model gun did you use?

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:17 am
Plus

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:54 am
Maybe the gun needs to be cleaned?

Fully Engaged

Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:31 pm
I would tend to agree with wahoo,there is nothing wrong with that gun.I sprayed with a plus for a year or so in a production shop and it never let me down.It's getting long in the tooth by todays standards but it will still produce good results.Maybe it was dirty,or the materials you chose to use didn't fit the size of your job.If the fan is narrow and the fan control is wide open it could be time for a rebuild.Need more info to diagnose your issues........

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:12 pm
The gun is completely clean I have had it for less than a year and have done under 10 paint jobs with it. So I don't think it needs a rebuild I have tried bunch of different combinations is just don't seem to atomize very good at all. with the fan wide open and gun 6 inches from material the fan is literally only 4 inches

Fully Engaged

Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:09 pm
There is something wrong with it,at 6 inches away you should have a 12 inch fan pattern.There is more than likely a faulty gasket or seal with the fan control.Phone devilbiss customer support and tell them what your problem is,they will help you out.I complained about a tekna copper that the coating was coming off,they sent me a new gun no questions asked.SO give them a chance to make it right,their customer service is top notch IMO.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:18 pm
ok,i will start there.thanks

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:01 am
Make sure the hole in the lid of the paint cup is not clogged. One of the problems i had with my gun was i cleaned the gun twice because it wasnt shooting right and then i found the lid hole was blocked with dry primer.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:53 pm
If any of the holes on the aircap are clogged, you will see a loss of performance. Take a look at the aircap from the backside ... clear is notorious for clogging holes without being easily visible. Soaking in solvent won't be enough to open them up due to the tiny size, you will need to (Gently!!!) use a small pick.
Next

Return to Tools and Supplies