What is this DeVilbiss Tool??

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:53 pm
Does anyone know what this DeVilbiss wand is for?
How to use it?
It says " Type DGD" " Made in Toledo" on the orange handle.
It looks like the air flow is adjusted by turning the chrome tube in / out. Guessing the paint pick-up comes up the black hose.

I bought it at a garage sale and was hoping that it might be used for spraying ?paint? into blind areas in auto body resto work. Thats exactly what I need it to do.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:10 pm
It is made for spraying cleaning agents. Most people use them for cleaning engines or parts. Basically like a pump sprayer but it works off compressed air.

Settled In

Canada
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:36 am
Thanks for the answer. I knew it was for spraying something, didn't know just what.

If it can't spray POR15 into / behind blind panels, maybe it will work for spraying Fluid Film rust preventative into the same panels [ after I paint them ].

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:12 pm
Those are used a lot in the wood restoration industry in our strip systems. That allows us to spray stripping agents directly out of a drum or tank when doing pieces that do not fit in our stripping systems. No real sensitive parts there and no motors with seals to tear up. They are also used to apply acidic color control toners for adjusting wood pH as well.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Settled In

Canada
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:20 am
I shot some water out of it the other day, but haven't tried paint or anything else. I think by turning the main outer tube, it adjusts the amount of fluid that the air [ vacuum ] picks up.

Return to Tools and Supplies