Line size for garage plumb

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:40 pm
Evening all,

I am in the process of trying to run some pipe in my garage for the compressor. The problem is my compressor will only run a low cfm HVLP gun, probably only a detail gun I'm thinking. I do not want to use PVC or PEX. Black galvanized pipe only comes in 1/2" at length. All my rubber hose and fittings are 3/8". I need to get a regulator so I need to size the regulator and the filters for whatever pipe size I can handle. Need some help here please.

Secondly, if I only can handle a detail gun say 4 cfm at 30 psi, can I still paint a small car, say my wifes Corolla? I am sure it'll be a panel at a time, but can I make that work do you think.

Thanks

Sid

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:03 pm
1/2" would be fine. Yes you can do small panels one at a time. It's a lot of work (masking) but doable. Solid colors are ok for this, metallics are a lot harder to get to look consistent.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:49 pm
Thanks Chris. So by alot of work meaning masking, is that mask a bunch of the car and do one panel. Wait for that panel to dry and paint another panel. In essence, just keep moving the masking and covering?

Thanks Chris

Sid

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:04 pm
Yes, that's what I meant. You can't have overspray hitting the panels you previously painted.

Return to Tools and Supplies