purple harber freight paint gun

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:25 pm
I keep reading that the purple harber freight spray guns spray good.I would like to findan inexpensive I don't paint much.I have a pretty large 60 gal air compressor.Are these guns any good or do people just say they are.Give me som input thanks proge

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:58 pm
An experienced painter can make a bad gun turn out a decent job. I've not used one but have looked closely at them. Have a HF close to me. Took a couple apart. Look like they should spray pretty good.
If you get one take it apart clean the piss out of it and give it a fluff and buff. Like you would a cheap gun. You should be ok.
If it ain't BROKE fix it till it is!!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:43 am
Im not ashamed to say I use the hell out of them! They're worth the $10-20 bucks. I use one for my primer gun, and spray eneamels, wood stain and polyurethane thru them and some other crazy ****. some last for a while with decent cleaning, but I've had a couple that didn't work right off the shelf. To me it's cheaper to buy a new one then to keep up with the lids, liners and tips on my acuspray gun. I just sprayed a ground coat of black base and 2 coats of clear on a motorcycle fender with one and it layed decent enough for me to sand and tape off the next color. It saves some wear and tear on my better guns too

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:50 pm
are the purple harber freight gun the same as they used to be that were better than others. thanks proge

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:06 am
They spray paint, in this business you get what you pay for! They will work for certain things but I wouldnt count on em for a long period of time

Settled In
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:19 am
From my understanding, the one to get is the one that comes with the pressure regulator already attached. Usually like $29 with coupon. I bought one a few years back, and only used it with primers, and it did work just fine. I recently bought another, the same one, but for some reason I don't think it sprays as nice. I have never tried the HF gun with any BC/CC though

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:09 pm
they are great guns for a hobbiest like myself....i use one for primer, one for base & one for clear...& im talking about the 15 dollar ones since i have a small comp thats all i can use....after about 5-10 uses i ditch them & buy another....i usually get the 9.99 coupon by email, print a few of them & get in line 2 or 3 times when they are busy & pick a few up (they only let you buy one per day)

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:49 am
From what I have seen. The ones with the APR that $30 are The same as the 15$ ones with no APR
They sell the APR by itself for 5$
So I find it cheaper to buy it separately and use Teflon tape on the fittings.
Also clean it as mentioned. They come with some silicone used for assembly? Not sure.
I used one right out of the box and got fish eyes. Could have been from not cleaning it or other factors I messed up on or both.
Fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

Return to Tools and Supplies