3m Regular Bondo

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:22 pm
Ran out of cheap Bondo the other night and instead of calling my Autobody supplier and waiting a day. I went to Walmart and bought the $15 gallon of regular 3m Bondo. I was expecting it to be real thick and hard to sand. However I was pleasantly surprised. It mixed and spread comparable to Bondo I pay over $40 a gallon for. For years I had used different economy brands such as mudlite and dynalite. They both spread like concrete and had a lot of pin holes and hard to sand. I have been using an economy bondo for filling and using 3m platnium plus gold for my final coat no need for poly putty. Anyways if your not happy with your Bondo give the regular 3m walmart stuff a try.

Matt

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:47 am
Good to know. Sure there are those that will have strong opinions about cheap filler but for someone who uses very little over a period of time it would be a viable option. Thanks for the post / Coy

Settled In
Canada
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:26 pm
anything with the 3M brand name is going to be pretty good stuff... don't be fooled by the fact you were able to find it at wal mart. I am not all that specific on brands but I don't like the cheap white body filler, I much prefer "gold" fillers in any line over their cheaper counterparts.

Return to Tools and Supplies