How often do you change out 3M PAPR belt mount cartridges?

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:03 pm
Hi, for any pros who use a 3M belt mounted PAPR system with organic vapor cartridges - how often do you change out the cartridges? I know there is no way to know for sure when an organic vapor cartridge should be changed if you don't have measurements taken of the concentration of contaminants in your booth, but I was just curious if there is a general rule of thumb on change intervals for this type of system. I just ordered a 3M PAPR system for weekend hobbyist use and am wondering how often I am going to be going through catridges. Thanks! Steve
Last edited by AmateurPainter on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:59 pm
I use to change mine every first of the month. I was painting on average 5 to 8 jobs a day if that gives you an idea.
Good work don't come cheap, cheap work isn't always good!

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Thanks! I just got my PAPR today. It's a used 3M 07190 kit. Wow this thing is heavy! The blower motor and battery on this thing are bigger than I was expecting. Makes sense why the cartridges are $80/each after seeing how large they are

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:06 am
Yeah it is a heavy setup but it's a great system. Just keep an eye on the hose that goes up to the mask after a while it starts to crack.
Good work don't come cheap, cheap work isn't always good!

Return to Tools and Supplies