DarrellK, turbine question?

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:54 pm
Hi Darrell, I was at my Drs. office a few weeks ago. I got a new CPAP machine, the old one has 11,000 hrs on it. According to my Doc. these machines will put out 25psi. I think you know what I am thinking. Would this work for a turbine sprayer? They use a large hose like the turbine, and they don't get hot like a turbine. They are dependable, mine runs for 7/8 hrs per night. Pressure can be adjusted, mine is set at 10 psi. If not for the sprayer it could maybe be used for the fresh air? This would not be an economical move as mine cost about $1200. However, I did pick one up at an auction a few years ago for $10 and they are on Craigslist for 50/60. If you didn't have a turbine and needed one this would sure be a cheap alternative, if it would work. What do you think? John

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:58 am
I have heard of guys experimenting with these before.... personally, I don't have any experience with adapting one. The only thing I would question would be the CFM output. I would think that the CFM would not be that great but with the trade-off in increased pressure something might kind of work with it. Might work as a supplied air system but I again would worry about not having enough positive pressure/cfm in a hood situation (although a tight fitting mask might work).
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Return to Tools and Supplies