Which Respirator Cartridge is Best for 2Pac?

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In

Australia
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:20 am
I have the 3M dual cartridge respirator & wondering what is the best cartridge to get for 2Pac? As far as I can tell from all the reading on Isocyanates, they seem to fall into the organic vapour category like for blocking out acetone & Petroleum etc. I have the 3M 6001 organic vapour cartridge & wondering if this is good enough or should I get better protection? I have read up how none of these respirators are legal & need filters to be changed frequently.

thanks.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:01 pm
3M makes the organic cartridge and lists Isocyanate as one of the chemicals it protects from. http://www.gemplers.com/product/10865/3 ... idges-pair
The thing to remember is these cartridges must be changed out after 8 hours of exposure to Isocyanate. I keep at least 2 sets for them on hand at all times.
You cannot smell ISOs so timing the usage is the only way to be safe. I keep mine respirator in a plastic bag inside a cabinet when not in use. Also, working in a booth with good ventilation will greatly increase your protection.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Settled In

Australia
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:20 am
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:3M makes the organic cartridge and lists Isocyanate as one of the chemicals it protects from. http://www.gemplers.com/product/10865/3 ... idges-pair
The thing to remember is these cartridges must be changed out after 8 hours of exposure to Isocyanate. I keep at least 2 sets for them on hand at all times.
You cannot smell ISOs so timing the usage is the only way to be safe. I keep mine respirator in a plastic bag inside a cabinet when not in use. Also, working in a booth with good ventilation will greatly increase your protection.

Thanks for your help. :goodjob:

Return to Tools and Supplies