buying new sata 4400 mini touch up guns tip size question

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:17 am
the bike was actually spray chrome that i tossed some Kandy on
Attachments
IMG_1124.JPG
IMG_1117.JPG
IMG_1120.JPG
IMG_1051.JPG
IMG_1026.JPG
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:11 am
I called Sata and asked them if there is a difference between the two because the markings on the grip are different. what he told me was the minijet 4400b is able to use full size gun cups without a reducing adapter because the female inlet is larger an has a little different internals and needle. Secondly he said Sata has strict requirements on companies selling Sata guns online and if I am able to buy one online without physically calling the company it's possible it's a fake reproduction. Thoughts on this?

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:34 am
Hobby,
There are fakes of everything floating around on the internet. Buying anything on the internet is a gamble. Most of the time I've won. A couple of times I've lost. Buyer be ware.

Dave,
Yeah, you have a selection of guns. Pick the right one for the job, adjust a bit and let it rip. I am a hobbyist. Only a few tools to choose from. The Iwata LPH-80 was a good investment for what I'm doing.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:49 am
BeoBob wrote:Hobby,
There are fakes of everything floating around on the internet. Buying anything on the internet is a gamble. Most of the time I've won. A couple of times I've lost. Buyer be ware.

Exactly ! Yep this is right about the 4400 being able to use big cups as well. there are a lot of reputable online stores that are SATA distributors. do you want a 4 or 4400 ?
i have both in my drawer but the 4 the fan control knobs have went to crud on me twice and after the second time i declined to fix it. the 4400 has held up better.

Dave,
Yeah, you have a selection of guns. Pick the right one for the job, adjust a bit and let it rip. I am a hobbyist. Only a few tools to choose from. The Iwata LPH-80 was a good investment for what I'm doing.

Love Iwata Bob but a little slow for me. LPH-80 is amazing. i do not have the training with iwata like i do SATA but i do use them and are amazing guns as well. still wanting to try that super nova.

something that may help you guys to is dont run over 45 PSI to the gun. it will spray smoother and more efficient going to try to post a link for you guys. Even for a hobby guy knowing how to set that gun up can save you a little money.

Flying to Germany to the SATA factory with this guy in september.

Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:09 pm
Hey painter Dave, I was interested to see if you could answer some questions I had about a few different data guns and compressors. Let me know if three a way I can get in touch with you about this. Thanks
Previous

Return to Tools and Supplies