Low Volume Low Pressure Gun issue

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:37 am
Hi Folks.

I have a few spray guns, I paint guitars mainly but occasionally my car stuf

I have two full size HVLP's and two touchup HVLP's, no problems with these.

I have two full size LVLP guns, and they work great, recently I decided to purchase same brand but a touch up gun 1.2 LVLP. ($400 starr)

Some issues Im havings, have stripped it apart cleaned re-assembled and still the same

As I am spraying, maybe two seconds into the spray I can feel the air pressure pulse and it almost feels like that air pressure is back feeding into the cup, then it sprays good and 2 seconds later a pulse again, putting railway tracks onto the surface.

The material I am painting is nitro, in a HVLP 1.0 nozzle touch up gun, it sprays just fine, but in the LVLP 1.2 bad, between the pulses it comes out nice.

The cup lid is not blocked, I have scrupously cleaned it, what am I possibly missing, is there possibly a missing seal or soemthing not tight enough or a scratch in some area. Does a LVLP gun require a thinner mix, I have not noticed the issue with my full size LVLP guns, but this is my first touch up LVLP.

Steve

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:33 pm
Make sure the tip is tight. Some don't seal well just snugged up, you have to tighten them down.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Return to Tools and Supplies