Tekna Prolite cup adaptor?

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:18 pm
Hey all - thanks for having me here. first post

I have done a ton of research and am leaning toward getting the Tekna Prolite. Good deals can be had on the kit without the cup. But I don't neccesarily want to start right away with de-kup or 3m pps.

I've got 3 of those chinese made guns that work fine for epoxy and 2k primer.

The cups I have are basically female fittings mating to a male fitting on the gun, where I see from photos the Tekna is opposite being a male fitting on the cup and female fitting on the gun.

Question - Is there an adaptor that would let me use the cups I have with the Tekna?

Knowing I could use the cups I have already could influence the purchase decision to buy the Tekna with or without the cup

Thanks
FB

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:16 am
Don't think so. But even if there was it would cost $50. Just buy the kit that includes the cup.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:55 pm
I think this would work for less than $10. I should have trusted google. sometimes the best thing to do is not respond when you are guessing inaccurately

https://www.amazon.com/Spray-Adaptor-Gu ... ds=m16+1.5

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:15 am
Hmmm. Interesting.

I looked for a Devilbis adapter some time ago. They were very overpriced and nothing was clearly described as this fits that. The part you are referencing does not say it fits the gun in question, but it's cheap enough to gamble on. Let us know if the piece works.

Also a possibility is the HF disposable paint cups. They come in a pack of 5 with plastic adapters.

Return to Tools and Supplies