SAGOLA 4600 Extreme spray gun

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Settled In
United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:02 pm
There's a new spray gun out from Sagola. The 4600 extreme.It seems to be a great gun.

looking forward to seeing some replys/reviews on this!

Video below shows the gun in question

https://youtu.be/mQmuw5-yA0g
Check out my Refinishing channel below!
http://www.youtube.com/c/repairrefinishtv

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:57 pm
looks to me the demonstrator has his spray pattern set to wide, massive overspray especially for that small item and a solid color. metallic color might be different.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Settled In
United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:05 am
badsix wrote:looks to me the demonstrator has his spray pattern set to wide, massive overspray especially for that small item and a solid color. metallic color might be different.
Jay D.

The spray pattern is correct, its got a big fan on it. Also it is waterbased paint.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:29 am
For a gun that runs $700 that is a massive overspray cloud even if it is putting out a large pattern with a lot of material throughput. If the material vicosity is correct for the gun the fact you are shooting water based shouldn't make that big of a difference in overspray.
In a hobbyist booth setting which most of the guys put up with on here you'd be dealing with a lot of fog in the booth. Pro booth could handle it but still.... seems like a lot of material just blowing away....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Settled In
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:39 am
I don't know about the 4600, but I read that the 4500 with hvlp aircap consumes 18cfm at 2 bar.
Biggest air hog I've ever heard of!

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:10 pm
On this particular model it is the cap choice that determines the cfm usage.....

Air Consumption

The air consumption (CFM) can be reduced if you lower the inlet pressure but at 29 PSI (that is roughly 2 bar) the air usage is as follows

With the HVLP Air cap this gun will use approximately 14 CFM of air
With the Clear Coat cap it will use approximately 11 CFM
With the Aqua cap it will use approximately 9 CFM
With the LXT01 cap it will use approximately 9 CFM

That was copied directly from a spec. sheet for this model
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Settled In
United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:57 pm
Foggy spray guns is something thats becoming more and more popular though. Fog doesn't mean more overspray. take a look at the sata 5000 that produces fog the Walcom Geo and HTE produces fog.

The 'Fog' is produced because of the fine atomisation the aircap produces. especially with clearcoat sprayguns when i see fog i know its going to be a good gun.

I guess you cant teach an old dog new tricks eh?

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:04 pm
No one called you an old dog! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Settled In
United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:23 pm
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:No one called you an old dog! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

got many more years left in me yet before i become an old dog :knockout:

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:57 pm
I'd like to just take a wild guess at this new "trend" in guns.... you'll notice with the non hvlp caps the cfm goes down. Sooooo....if the cfm is goes down I would say the cap pressures are going up I mean that's got to be....because they are non hvlp caps so they must be exceeding the 10 psi cap limit. My point here is back in the "good old days" we used to see cap pressures exceeding 50 psi and surprise.....finely atomized overspray clouds (great throughput though).... Maybe this evolution in guns is just the new compromise trending away from the HVLP guns. They are still more efficient than the old high pressure guns but not quite as efficient as the true HVLP guns.
Next

Return to Tools and Supplies