3m pps type h/o pressure cup leaks?

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:53 pm
I have been reading that some people have had leaks with the cup system and also not to buy cups from china. Have you had any problems using this system or any tips.

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:11 am
I have only used 3m cups and liners and have had no leaks. I would guess it would have to be user error. Make sure you only have one liner in the cup, and lift it up slightly after putting the lid on to make sure the lid is fully engaged with the liner. Sometimes the lid will push part of the liner down instead of fully engaging, but I only noticed that with the 6 oz cup.

Cups and liners are cheaper on ebay, and make sure the cup is totally upright when bleeding the air out to make sure you don't get air pockets. I like the pressure cup for heavy primers, it lays them down very smooth, but I got too much orange peel with a 1.4 tip spraying thinner primers.

This gun cleans up very quickly, and the tips can be reused several times, but always remove the tip while cleaning so you can also clean the needle. Its amazing for a cheap looking plastic gun.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:47 pm
Thanks Chevman.

Return to Tools and Supplies