Powder coating powder source?

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:13 pm
Anyone of you have any cheap sources for powder for powder coating? Seems that prices have climbed up dramatically since the last time I used it, I am trying to get some flat black and the cheapest I can find it is about $20/lb shipped.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:31 pm
Okay, so don't kick me here for suggesting this but.....checked out Harbor Freight? I've got friends and even some kids in our old neighborhood that got excellent results with their powder. No, it doesn't come in a lot of colors, yes, you do sometimes have to mash it up or sift it some before use but your bottom line here is cheap and matte black.... just checked, one pound cannister is $6.39. No shipping if you buy at a local outlet. Stuff is also selling on ebay in the $10 to $15 range.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:35 pm
Yea that is what I used for simple projects, but their black still has a good amount of sheen to it and I am looking for a true flat black. If I search online I am only seeing about 3-4 stores that sell this stuff and shipping kills most deals :(

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:24 pm
Makes sense....if you need a dead flat black that would not have cut it. It's a shame they don't make flattening additives for that stuff....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Return to Tools and Supplies