Tekna ProLite reviews

Any questions about tools or supplies. Post your compressor/gun questions here.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:08 pm
I'm interested in a Tekna Pro Lite spray gun. I'm asking for reviews. I currently own a Sata 4000b hvlp, but I'm looking for something more efficient with a tighter to no peel. The Sata used quite a bit of material. Iwata is way out of my price range.

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:28 am
if you think the SATA 4000 HVLP used to much material youll really hate all the other guns.

perhaps it would bennifit you more learning how to use the one you have ?
i say this because you looking for a gun with less orange peel ? and that uses less paint ?
sounds like painter error to me
(not trying to imply you dont know already but lets make sure ?)

what is your current set up ?
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:24 am
You should easily be able to dial in that SATA gun for good results...... practice, practice, practice..... could also be "what" you are shooting???????
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:08 pm
My set up is a 1.3m needle and fluid tip with the hvlp air cap. We spray ppg delfleet evolution. I don't spray much amymore, as I'm the manager. Yes, I know this is a problem since my spraying has diminished drastically.
I do have 25 years (give or take) experience from start to finish. I been working on heavy duty trucks now for 9yrs.

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:31 pm
I get it....it is a combo of what you are spraying and I'm sure just being away from the daily stuff. These more "industrial" coatings also require more tweeking as well. I still think I'd continue to dial-in what you've got rather than switch to another gun....
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:56 am
FWIW, there is a YouTube video by "the gunman" that compares the Sata and Prolite.

But like the others have said, work with the adjustments and technique before you spend the money on a new gun, but I'm cheap so take that with a grain of salt.

Return to Tools and Supplies