ASE's and I-car

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:53 am
A reputable shop will pay for your icar training and pay you for going. Especially if your a pro shop. We do 10 a year to keep a platinum level. Some classes you don't learn much but some you do. Learning the new steels and how to repair them is a huge part of your career.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:11 pm
64 Thunderbolt wrote:In the body shop side of things I-CAR is more important than ASE due to it's teaching you along with giving you a certification.
ASE simply is just you taking a test that shows you know what that certification is about. Back when I took my ASE painting test it talked about laquer. We haven't used laquer on cars in years & really don't fool with it anymore in the collision side of Auto body. Back the last time I took it their test were a little outdated.
On behalf of ASE though I haven't taken one in about 10 years because I don't need it anymore with what I do. So I'm not sure how they are now.
I-CAR is the only thing I need & take along with other courses.

They do update the ASE tests. I took the collision & paint tests the last time I re-certified all my automotive & heavy truck tests. Wasn't a single question about lacquer paint, or chrome bumpers. There seemed to be a lot questions about the different types of plastics used now and how to repair them. But it's true I-Car means more in the shop. ASE seems to mean more on the mechanical side.
Previous

Return to The Pro Shop!