what is needed to do insurance claims?

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:58 pm
Hey guys i was wondering what i need to do insurance claim repairs? On the side for extra money I do repairs for people now but they pay out of pocket. I have a customer who wants to file a claim and let his insurance pay.i assume the insurance company is not going too just let anyone do the repairs so what do I need to do insurance claims?..

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:04 pm
,,,you will need PLENTY of MONEY!

Your shop has to pass there requirements. Spray booth, frame machine etc..........

Trust me,,,If you can do without a insurance company,,,you will sleep a LOT better at night. I HATE insurance companies!!!!!!!!!!!
"The number of parasites in the USA has now eclipsed the number of productive members of society"

Capt Rick Hiott.
www.reelfishhead.com

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:49 pm
OldDupontGuy wrote:,,you will need PLENTY of MONEY!

Your shop has to pass there requirements. Spray booth, frame machine etc..........

Trust me,,,If you can do without a insurance company,,,you will sleep a LOT better at night. I HATE insurance companies!!!!!!!!!!!

Im starting to figure out that this may be more of a hassle than i bargained for... especially since i just do it on the side (mainly mechanic but been doing ALOT of body/paint lately) :knockout:

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:49 pm
,,Im here to help you guys,,,listen to me.............................
"The number of parasites in the USA has now eclipsed the number of productive members of society"

Capt Rick Hiott.
www.reelfishhead.com

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:13 pm
You can take on insurance jobs from your clients. They just won't send you work, I think that's what you're asking. Schedule an appointment with whoever the appraiser is, tear the car down so he can see all the damage. When he comes he will make his own estimate for the damages. It's then your job to verify the estimate is properly written, then write your own supplement so you get paid for all the work you're going to be doing. He will either send the check to the owner of the vehicle, or leave for you with a "direction to pay" filled and signed by the policy holder.

Return to The Pro Shop!