car o liner lifting technique help

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:19 am
Hi guys. Ben doing body work for about ten years. I needed to get a debate settled once and for all. I'm a heavy frame guy and I do most of my pulling on a car o liner mark 6 that's recessed in ground. I usually lift the unibody cars right on the belly and it drives my boss nuts. He thinks I'm going to crush something but I see it hitting the subframe and rear end. The exhaust just gets pushed up on the hangers. What do you guys think? Anyone know what car o liners stance is on that?

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:13 pm
I don't understand your question. Are you talking about setting it up to pull or lifting the car? Why wouldn't you put it on the pinch welds?

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:31 pm
HeavyCollision085 wrote:I don't understand your question. Are you talking about setting it up to pull or lifting the car? Why wouldn't you put it on the pinch welds?

Sorry, no.....here's the kicker. I'm simply asking how you would lift the car up after simply driving over the car o liner bench to put the clamps on. I'm trying to settle a bet.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:35 pm
To clarify further, I drive the car over the lift, raise the car o liner, drop the car on wheel stands, place the arms, clamps, drop the car so the pinch are in the clamps, raise the car, remove the stands.

Non-Lurker
USA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:52 am
I use c car o liner bench mark. I always lift on the pinch welds no matter what. Even on 2 post lifts. Unless there rockers a rotted away.

Return to The Pro Shop!