scheduling software

A place for professionals to network and discuss the business and technology inside the shop.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:54 pm
was wondering if anyone could let me know what scheduling software you use and if you like it
thanks
JP

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:46 am
Good luck finding something decent. I looked for ages and found nothing that would suit. In the end decided to write my own and incorporate it into the business database.
Chris

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:34 am
Are you talking about employee scheduling or are you talking about your customers making appointments?

Or are you talking about project management - where you need to determine your overall workforce utilization/availability and slot projects in based on when certain skills are available, matched up to the project requirements?

Every one of those takes a different approach.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:50 am
thanks yeah i have looked myself forever and cant find anything.

I am looking for customer scheduling. i have ccc one and there scheduling is horrible

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:58 pm
I think the problem you will have is that if you go with a separate scheduling system it won't integrate with the rest of your operation. For example having one spot to go for scheduling, estimates, customer invoicing, overall shop work flow, etc.

If you really want to explore separate scheduling take a look at timetrade.com. I use them for a business I run (not autobody), and it's a very simple and flexible solution. I believe they can scale up to very large businesses, too.

Return to The Pro Shop!