Any one using Limco supreme plus

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:53 am
Im going to respray my whole car B/C. I priced Limco supreme plus $68 a quart and Diamont $240 a quart is the diamond really worth all the extra money? Whats the longevity of the Limco?

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:02 pm
You won't be spraying a whole car with a quart unless maybe its a smart car.

I sprayed one job with the limco supreme plus. Its okay but not near the quality of Diamont.
You need to decide whether your car is worth the extra money or not.

Here's the vehicle I painted with Limco Supreme Plus:
Left Front Quarter View.JPG

When painting a complete I always buy a gallon if it mixes 1:1
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:52 am
Im thinking I will need 2 quarts its a 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder. I guess you would recommend the Diamont then?

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:16 am
YOU need to decide if your car is worth the extra money or not.

The Limco Supreme Plus obviously will work but you are jumping from a shop line paint to a top of the line paint when you look at the Diamont.

Wanda, Pro Spray, Motobase LV, and a host of other brands are decent mid-price ranged paints as well.

All will put color on your car. The higher priced products generally have better quality, color match capability, coverage and other features that make them easier to apply with good results.

High priced paint will not make you a better painter though.

Not having the right equipment, a good air compressor, filtration system, spray guns, technique and spraying environment will cause you to waste paint whether its expensive or the cheap stuff.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:45 pm
I have used Limco SPB for years.

Mainly paint motorcycles, has held up fine. Diamont is the better line and for color matching pearls and metalics thats what I would recommend. If your not matching and dont want to spend the $ Limco will work just fine. I use ********** Universal Clear coat.

Limco is a 2:1 reduction. If I am spraying a sport bike I use just about an entire qt
and put down 2-3 coats....

For entire car I would recommend a gallon. Better to have left over than not enough...
Obviously you have a small car, 2qts its going to be really tight, three will probably be ok but if you have any issues, spills, etc you might run into trouble. Normally a qt will cost you more vs buying by the gallon.....Say $50/qt but if you get a gallon it might be $40/qt.

So if you buy 2 and need 2 more you spent $200 when you could of spent $160 for the gallon....Also if you get 2 qts mixed and come back for more it may not be the exact match to the first batch.....best to always buy more than needed. If you bank on a 2-3 coat coverage and it really takes 3-4 you could be short...
ASK ME HOW I KNOW :knockout:
Attachments
IMG_1543.JPG

Return to Body and Paint