Where to find Prospray paint?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:56 pm
Well, I just called Chad's, and apparently they don't carry Prospray anymore. I've tried using Prospray's distributor locator, but I've gotten no response. Chad now sells Motobase, any experience with that? Other than base, I'm using all ********** products. My base doesn't have to be Prospray, all I painted so far is the interior, jambs, cowl, and under the hood. Recommendations? Other brands?

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:09 pm
If you are interested at all in the Tamco base I carry, I'd be happy to quote it for you. Many guys here use it, and I use it. It is very similar to PPG Deltron, excellent color match and better coverage than PPG (which I can personally attest to).

All I need is a vehicle year, brand/model and color code, or a PPG color code and we can match it.

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:44 pm
chris wrote:If you are interested at all in the Tamco base I carry, I'd be happy to quote it for you. Many guys here use it, and I use it. It is very similar to PPG Deltron, excellent color match and better coverage than PPG (which I can personally attest to).

All I need is a vehicle year, brand/model and color code, or a PPG color code and we can match it.

I'm looking for the price per gallon for Ford Sterling Grey Metallic, paint code UJ. It's a fairly common color, and I saw it on a 2012 Ford Fusion. This is for a custom build however.

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:23 pm
sounds good, I will get the pricing info and update you as soon as I have it - thanks.

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:02 pm
To answer your question:

I have used the Motobase LV on a couple of projects now. It's very good paint, covers well and is fairly easy to spray. Mixes 1:1 so one gallon gets two RTS.

They have been able to match every color code I have given them. I am using their paint on the 55 Chevy Truck in the projects section.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:08 pm
bryanmartin: Sent a PM on this, with the link to the paint here.

Return to Body and Paint