How to paint ghost flames?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:12 am
PPG OMNI MBC150 is a clear base used for pears and metallics and can be used like HOK's SG100.

I'm sure the clear base for DBC and DBU could be used the same way (it IS better paint than OMNI)

The HOK stuff takes more abuse, and seems tougher when dried, and you can blend candy intensifiers, pearls, chameleons, and use it to protect art and tape outs, it's also useful for protecting fades, so you can solvent wipe before shooting without destroying the fade.

they both work well,..it just seems the HOK product is of higher quality
"I believe the state of arkansas flag colors should be,...................PRIMER"

Settled In
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:49 pm
Thanks for the cautions on the "black on black", gst. I was concerned that buffing the satin clear will add to much sheen (and I seem to be good at getting orangepeel in clear with HVLP, so I gotta buff). But I'll probably try clear (glossy), tape out the flames, and then shoot flattened clear, and assume that after buffing I'll end up with gloss flames and semi-gloss motorcycle tank. Maybe the flames will be TOO subtle, not sure, but should be fun to try it.

Chris

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:10 pm
So whats the consensus on the forum here by the pro's with HOK products?

I gotta tell ya in the mc forum I hang out on Ive talked about painting a few times with guys in the business or used to be and the majority of them thought HOK products suck.
Previous

Return to Body and Paint