PPG CLEAR BLENDER

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:44 pm
lild wrote:there are 2 kinds of clear blender ppg has that work very well. one is dx840 that you mix with some clear to do your blends, and then their specialty sx1040 (i think that is the number) that comes in a spray can.
i use the dx840 for large color blends and the rattle can for small blends. both work well.
also, you will get better blending results by makeing sure you clean the blend area very well. i like to clean mine by starting with detailer clay, then a good wash, followed up by compounding.

Please re-read my original post I'm not having issues color blending..... clear blending....I don't or "haven't" had to use a color blending agent ever....clear coat blender is the original reference. On a side note I used the aerosol can ppg blender for clear and when I repeadetly coated until it was shiny and no line visible it came out ok, I really really saturated it though. Following the directions it says a couple coats.....(more like 5 heavy coats) but at the end it says repeat until desired finish is achieved...so I kept wetting and wetting till it came out.. MYSTERY SOLVED
MissouriPaintSlinger

Do it right the first time.
Enjoy it for twice as long
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 pm
Missouripaintslinger wrote:
lild wrote:there are 2 kinds of clear blender ppg has that work very well. one is dx840 that you mix with some clear to do your blends, and then their specialty sx1040 (i think that is the number) that comes in a spray can.
i use the dx840 for large color blends and the rattle can for small blends. both work well.
also, you will get better blending results by makeing sure you clean the blend area very well. i like to clean mine by starting with detailer clay, then a good wash, followed up by compounding.

Please re-read my original post I'm not having issues color blending..... clear blending....I don't or "haven't" had to use a color blending agent ever....clear coat blender is the original reference. On a side note I used the aerosol can ppg blender for clear and when I repeadetly coated until it was shiny and no line visible it came out ok, I really really saturated it though. Following the directions it says a couple coats.....(more like 5 heavy coats) but at the end it says repeat until desired finish is achieved...so I kept wetting and wetting till it came out.. MYSTERY SOLVED

sorry, i see why you thought i meant color what i meant was clear blender.
for color blending you would ue dbc500 clear color blender.
what i reference to is clear coat blender.
those are the two products when i need to blend my clear coat in.
Previous

Return to Body and Paint