auto paint advise

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:22 am
Hi people, I have an 08 Duramax diesel that the paint was cracking on so I bought a paint gun a Divibiss paid 150.00 for it I painted a door and bed side and am happy with the results. I used a Dupont (Nason paint). Now I want to buy some paint online and need some advise on auto paint to buy online that is a comparable paint to the Nason or better of course and a place online to get it. I want something that I don't have to pay a lot of money for but can get 10yrs of satisfaction if possible. Can I get some advise please as I must turn to you all to answer this as I know not much about auto painting. Thank you for some input!

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:51 pm
why not stay with the nasons, it as good or better than anything you'll buy on line. did you buy the nasons that you used from a local jober? :)
they say my name is Jay

Non-Lurker
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:51 pm
badsix wrote:why not stay with the nasons, it as good or better than anything you'll buy on line. did you buy the nasons that you used from a local jober? :)

Hi, thanks for the reply, yes I got the Nasons locally but thought that 120.00 for the base and clear for only a quart was expensive no? Now that you told me that the Nasons is as good as anything else in that range that is good to hear now the question would be is there a paint store online that forum people who paint would buy from cause of a better price? Thank you.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:26 pm
I've bought paint from a lot of places online. You can get some great deals on good paint and supplies online if you have time to wait. TCP Global, Smart Shoppers, and The Coating Store are the best places to shop from my experience. I prefer the KemFx product from http://www.thecoatingstore.com but they only do the custom colors for the most part so if you need an OEM color match they may not have it. Their stuff typically covers better than Nason and is usually is less expensive for comparable colors. If you wanted an OEM color match the tcp global is probably your best bet but they are often more expensive than Nason. If you like Kirker products then Smart Shoppers or the eastwood brand is an option also. Online is convenient since it is delivered to your door, usually less expensive even with shipping, and no sales tax in most cases. You just have to plan ahead and make sure you have plenty of paint.

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:48 pm
Bayou_Eagle wrote:I've bought paint from a lot of places online. You can get some great deals on good paint and supplies online if you have time to wait. TCP Global, Smart Shoppers, and The Coating Store are the best places to shop from my experience. I prefer the KemFx product from http://www.thecoatingstore.com but they only do the custom colors for the most part so if you need an OEM color match they may not have it. Their stuff typically covers better than Nason and is usually is less expensive for comparable colors. If you wanted an OEM color match the tcp global is probably your best bet but they are often more expensive than Nason. If you like Kirker products then Smart Shoppers or the eastwood brand is an option also. Online is convenient since it is delivered to your door, usually less expensive even with shipping, and no sales tax in most cases. You just have to plan ahead and make sure you have plenty of paint.

I have used thecoatingstore's urekem singlestage as well and it seems to be not bad as far as price to performance. I just did a jet black.

Return to Body and Paint