Some Quick "Post Poor Paint Job" Input Needed

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

Canada
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:42 pm
First of all I am not a professional body man or painter but I did have my own business for 30 years as a landscape designer and contractor.
After reading these posts I'm left thinking some of the posters may have huge egos or they have co-dependency tendencies. The original poster asked for opinions in the way of help. He didn't ask to be insulted and put down. These statements you got what you paid for is crap. For a statement such as this to be made it must be known the shop told the customer he would not a good or decent job done for $700. If he was told he would get a decent job for his money he should have got a decent job. Less than this means there was breach of agreement by the shop performing the work.
An agreement or contract between two parties has conditions and it must be beneficial to both parties for the contract or agreement to be valid. A meeting of the minds has to in place in other words both parties must be aware of what they are getting.
If I told you I will paint your vehicle for $700 and do a good job that is what you should get. If my work is faulty then you have legal rights to correct my work, mistakes or faults.

My advise is to get three estimates to repair the faulty workmanship and take the shop to civil court for breach of agreement. Include court costs. If you can prove how the shop mislead you and proceeded then fraud or punitive damages may be asked for.

The questions I ask are-
What did tell you you would get for your money?
Did you get what they said you would get?
Do you have any witnesses?
Was there a written agreement?

A contract BTW does not have to be in writing all there has to be is a meeting of the minds.

Get your ducks lined up in a straight line and sue.

In the end if you win take the money to these 2500 guys and see what they promise you and what you get...LOL
:rotfl:

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:31 pm
This seems to be the problem with agreements for low quality work. When the job is finished they arenot happy with it and forget what was agreed to, and its the reason that I hear a lot of these painters say they don't want to do that kind of work, or even have a job out there like that with there name attached to it.

I was also in business and know that everybody wants to hear a low number but then they don't hear the rest of the story. I may use different materials with a little less endurance, but the quality of the procedure has to be consistant. The static that the shop owner has endured over this job, makes it nonprofitable, let alone the damage to his reputation.

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:09 pm
marauderman wrote:First of all I am not a professional body man or painter but I did have my own business for 30 years as a landscape designer and contractor.
After reading these posts I'm left thinking some of the posters may have huge egos or they have co-dependency tendencies. The original poster asked for opinions in the way of help. He didn't ask to be insulted and put down. These statements you got what you paid for is crap. For a statement such as this to be made it must be known the shop told the customer he would not a good or decent job done for $700. If he was told he would get a decent job for his money he should have got a decent job. Less than this means there was breach of agreement by the shop performing the work.
An agreement or contract between two parties has conditions and it must be beneficial to both parties for the contract or agreement to be valid. A meeting of the minds has to in place in other words both parties must be aware of what they are getting.
If I told you I will paint your vehicle for $700 and do a good job that is what you should get. If my work is faulty then you have legal rights to correct my work, mistakes or faults. I agree couple of first class jerks on here but hey its an internet forum so you get all types. Gotta go with the flow and when you see a jerk let him know in a somewhat respectable way.

My advise is to get three estimates to repair the faulty workmanship and take the shop to civil court for breach of agreement. Include court costs. If you can prove how the shop mislead you and proceeded then fraud or punitive damages may be asked for.

The questions I ask are-
What did tell you you would get for your money?
Did you get what they said you would get?
Do you have any witnesses?
Was there a written agreement?

A contract BTW does not have to be in writing all there has to be is a meeting of the minds.

Get your ducks lined up in a straight line and sue.

In the end if you win take the money to these 2500 guys and see what they promise you and what you get...LOL
:rotfl:
1997 S10 p/u.2005 5.3 L33 LS swap. 5spd, ZQ8 susp, 76 mm turbo,565 rwhp.610ft-lbs torque. Tuned by me with Efilive. Polo green metallic.
Previous

Return to Body and Paint