First Paint Job, need advice on how "far" to prep

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:59 pm
:pcorn: :rockon:
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Settled In

Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:08 am
timbo wrote:From the pic looks like you just need to blast the roof only then prep it proper and seal it with epoxy primer followed with 2K urethane. Proceed from there.

Do you mean just repaint the roof area? Or prep the roof and scratch the rest and paint over it?

@Doright, thanks for the input, i'm not expecting anything awesome but I don't want to waste my money either, I've got some stuff I can practice on first so that I can at least get it to go on alright, I'm pretty patient but I've always been on the mechanical side, not the body work side, looking forward to expanding my horizons though!

Top Contributor

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:30 am
Rocketninja1 wrote:
timbo wrote:From the pic looks like you just need to blast the roof only then prep it proper and seal it with epoxy primer followed with 2K urethane. Proceed from there.

Do you mean just repaint the roof area? Or prep the roof and scratch the rest and paint over it?

@Doright, thanks for the input, i'm not expecting anything awesome but I don't want to waste my money either, I've got some stuff I can practice on first so that I can at least get it to go on alright, I'm pretty patient but I've always been on the mechanical side, not the body work side, looking forward to expanding my horizons though!

Your second sentence....
You don't wanna do a big time resto here IMO.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Previous

Return to Body and Paint