white spots showing up after clear coating

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:51 pm
Hello everyone I'm painting a 1994 corvette I applied black base coat and 4 coats of clear after that I looked at the car the next day and seen that there were white spots all over the car almost as if I had sprayed them into the paint I then noticed that I had a lot of water in my lines questions can i sand down the car again and repaint and re clear what grit snd paper do I use and would the water in the lines cause this
Attachments
1404668835350.jpg

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:00 pm
Could be solvent popping as well.
How much flash time between coats of clear?
Do you have a water trap and filter on your air supply?
Any issues with the base coat?
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:06 am
Thanks for the fast response flash times were about 15 minutes I didn't see any issue with the base coat and yes I had a water filter in line and a orange disposable filter at the gun I entered back to the paint shop they told me the same solvent pop they also said if I was doing it in the heat of the day which it was about 90 degrees at the time

I recently went back and re did the pan wet sanded it 600 re did base coat then cleared it it came out fine I did another piece a wet sanded it 600 re shot clear and the spots were still showing up. So I wet sanded the car down with 600 and will re shoot the black base coat and clear does that sound right

I would also like to know because of the hot temperature s I was going to apply black base coat and then re clear

Question. How much reducer do u add into clear coat
I'm using ppg products slow activation hardener for clear coat. Thanks for your help. I need it :allgood:

Return to Body and Paint