Help Plz

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:34 pm
so i painted my dads truck couple hours ago and everything was good but i missed adding :cry: 3rd coat of clear on the door pillar and its hazy but it has two coat of clear on it and the rest is nice and glossy my question is can i cut and buff this and make it look glossy or do i have to respray clear on entire door just mask off the rest?? the clear i used was Advantage euro clear 580 it say i have 24hr recoat time

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:11 pm
Hard to tell in the pictures but with the clear being fresh you could just shoot the door.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Board Moderator
USA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:15 am
It's not that you can't just cut and buff that but the process does remove thickness and that's just about a perfect area to burn through. I'm with 68, hit the door again.
Metal, wood, fiberglass, we work it all... www.furniturephysicians.com We can restore the irreplaceable!

Fully Engaged

Canada
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:22 pm
You have to be careful if everything is fresh,if you mask off other areas the tape and paper will mark your clear.The quickest and easiest is to mix up a small amount of clear for the section of the door frame that you missed.Set up your gun for a smaller pattern and a bit less fluid delivery,and lower pressure.Quickly apply one coat over the missed spot and melt in the edges with blending solvent or regular reducer.After a day or so you could do a bit of polishing if needed,since it is fresh it will melt right in and nothing will be needed if done right.
If this makes you nervous,wait until tomorrow and mask off the vehicle and re-clear the door.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:18 pm
thanks for all the advice greatly appreciate it and i did reclear the whole door looks good :happy: thanks again for everyone help :bighug:

Return to Body and Paint