Deltron/Omni mix and match?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:12 pm
Hi, let me start by saying this is for my truck that I plan on keeping for a LONG time if not forever.

I would like to use high quality paint, but I'm getting a little sticker shock looking at the prices. The folks at the supply store are very knowledgeable, but they seem to go back and forth with their answers.

I was told for a truck I want to keep forever, I should go with Deltron, if I want a cheapo paint, use Omni. Then I'm told if I want to save a little money use Omni epoxy with Deltron 2k primer, base and clear, it's just as good. Does this make sense? I like to save money, but I do not want to compromise my paint job. Furthermore I was told I could save even more by switching the Deltron clear for Euroclear and the Deltron 2k primer for Europrime. Sound like it's getting a little "back yard chemist" for my taste, but what do I know. Thoughts?

Settled In
USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:57 pm
All omni products are pretty good with the exception if the clears. If it were me I would use omni epoxy, 2k primer then omni base. The cash you save using omni as compared to dbc is quite a bit. I would use that extra cash to buy some ppg concept 2021 clear. Or you could give the tamco products that are sold on this site. I've heard nothing but good things about tamco. So much so I just ordered some 2k primer and their 2021 clear. Plus try to stick with one line of paint as much as possible. It will help save on later problems.

Squirrel11

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:02 pm
There are three "grades" of Omni. So when you discuss Omni with a supplier know which grade of the product they are talking about:

http://us.ppgrefinish.com/getdoc/d83573 ... tion-Guide

Return to Body and Paint