Tamco DTM Primer Question

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:03 pm
Maybe this is a question for the Tamco folks but I would think that some of you guys on here can give me objective reviews on the product. I do like the way the product sprays, covers, sands, and levels. I have read the tech sheet about using the product as a "sealer"... I would assume that after spraying this sealer onto the panel, I DO NOT NEED MECHANICAL prep for topcoat adhesion and can simply spray. What window do you guys use and how do you like the results?

thanks!
Home of Y Block Ministries
Milford, Ohio

Manufacturer
USA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:31 pm
Others can answer who use the product. But when mixing
The primer 4:1:1 to make it a sealer. After flash of 10-15 minutes you can topcoat directly over top of it
With your base or single stage. This will provide chemical adhesion. The primer reduced to a sealer lays down
Slick like a Basecoat. You'll be happy with the final results! :-)

I'm glad you like all the other properties about it as well.

If you have any other tech questions feel free to pm me or text me 757-438-0420.

Thanks
Tammy
Tamco
https://www.facebook.com/TamcoPaint

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

Settled In
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:19 am
Wow, Tammy, didn't know you were on here!

Thanks for the fast reply on the sealer/window question. I have to say the product you sell has a great quality/price point differential -- thanks!
Home of Y Block Ministries
Milford, Ohio

Return to Body and Paint