How does the bumper cover attach to this Lexus IS 250?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:08 pm
Thanks Jason M. I know that perhaps a rear clip without much damage and all parts could be a better buy. I was tempted to go for a bmw 750i that was flooded in houston it is a run and drive, dont know if it is a saltwater or freshwater flood, houston is close to the coast. I heard on youtube that freshwater floods that only get to the level of the carpet are very viable, the thing is, how to know if the car was a saltwater or freshwater flood and to which level of the did the flood get.

Here are some more pics from:

Voila:

Maacos estimate said they would change the rear bumper, rear bumper bracket left side, rear bumper reenforcement bracket left side, and the left tail lamp. The rest they said they would repair. They are quoting about 3 K total parts and labor. going to check for cheaper parts.

thanks

Kind Regards

eins

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:27 pm
Your going to take that car to maaco to be repaired?

Fully Engaged
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:13 am
it would be nice to see pics of the actual point of impact (drivers quarter panel area) and also the passenger quarter and sail panel area to see if the rear end is swayed over. I cant see them total losing a car like that over that minor damage.

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:42 am
I am going to get another estimate from another Body Shop. It might possibly get repaired at Maaco. I will check to see if can get those pics.

Thanks

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:00 pm
Houston is near the coast (the bay and ship channel barely reach the outskirts of it, and it's a BIG city), but no flood there would be salt water -that would require the gulf to rise about 10 feet.

Those are just the result of heavy rain in the area.

I'll leave the commentary on the Lexus repair to those with more knowledge.
I know nothing
Previous

Return to Body and Paint