How Do I Get a REALLY Hard Topcoat?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

No Turning Back
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:37 pm
antlerman wrote:I stopped at the local NAPA store a while back and the sales guy recommended ACME Finish 1. He sold me a quart of FC710 with FH612 hardener. I experimented with spraying it on and was quite pleased with its "toughness" once it dried.

If you were quite pleased with the Acme Finish 1, as you said, then the nano clear will be way more than you hoped for.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:57 pm
Original post caught my eye because of a resent project we did, we do automotive to industrial finishes. But this project was a professionally build solid wood decorative table. Came to us to simply spray the polyurethane. The original plan was to have it covered with glass but the price was kinda high. So we suggested a 2 part Bartop epoxy, I spray different brands of automotive clearcoats almost every day. And none have the strength and durability of this epoxy. I kno you said you tried epoxy before but this specific one is "self leveling" so there's no brush or roller or spreaders, depending on thickness, it's cured in 4-6 hours. Came from a company called colorcopper.com, just figured it would be worth looking into for your needs.
Previous

Return to Body and Paint