light spots in yellow

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:22 pm
Ok I sprayed my car corvette yellow and cleared after I got to looking it over I got a few small spots that are lighter can I spray more color over the light spots and reclear entire car

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:27 pm
Little pepper size light spots or spots where you didnt lay your color evenly so some spots are lighter?

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:35 pm
Where I didnt get enough color and fenders are all lighter fenders were off car when painted

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:45 pm
:( with that said id respray the whole thing only because of your skills ;) you laid your color so unevenly youll most likely do it again trying to blend your spots. Remember every spot needs the same love. Overlap your spray lines, keep a safe distance and just lay it on nice and smooth baby no rush youre just painting a car nothing crazy.

Also yyou mixed only one batch of color right? If you mixed another while you were still spraying you can definitely get a different color accidently. Keep your paint well stirred every time

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:03 pm
Thanks

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:45 pm
Would I be better off using a single stage paint then clear over it to get a deep shine. Would the s/s paint be easier for me to get even color. I bought my paint from napa they had 2 gallons of s/s same code as the base I bought that the person did not pick up and offered a deal on it.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:05 pm
Was your car already SS yellow before you bought the SS yellow from napa? Even though they say its the same yellow while maybe close.. it will be a different shade of yellow, even more reason to respray your car like i said. Try to use the gallon of paint you just used and dont use the other (if you can) if not mix both to make one yellow again because even those 2 gallons can be a different shade of yellow between the two.

Single stage has clear already mixed in so spraying clear on top of it is useless.
In my honest opinion single stage sucks balls but that is just my opinion and experience

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:49 pm
I used base coat clear coat the first time I was told spraying clear over s/s would give you a deeper shine was woundering if that is true thats what im after the deepest shine I can get

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:58 pm
Nothing comes closer to a deep shine of a base coat and clear coat finish. You're on the right track. The rest comes in the color sanding and polishing

Return to Body and Paint