Another clearcoat screw up. Used Epoxy primer activator.

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:59 am
Yup, you read that right. Used a valspar epoxy sealer activator with valspar clear coat. Cans are almost the same and late at night I mixed them up.

So the question is, will this ever dry? To make things more interesting I added a fisheye preventer and flex as this is on the bumpers.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:21 am
:shocked: whoa! Im not sure what to say but lets just say at least you put a hardner in it instead of nothing at all.

With that being said honestly check it out and see how soft or hard it is you may have to wait longer for it to dry but it definitely wouldint be the safest thing to lets this ride. It will require a resand and repaint.

Never used Valspar myself but I could say epoxy hardner in a clear cant be good. :flatten:

adam699 wrote:Yup, you read that right. Used a valspar epoxy sealer activator with valspar clear coat. Cans are almost the same and late at night I mixed them up.

So the question is, will this ever dry? To make things more interesting I added a fisheye preventer and flex as this is on the bumpers.

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:19 am
well don't feel to bad it happens probably more than you think. epoxy and urethane are different animals I doubt it will cure . you propably should plan on removing it.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:25 pm
Might be able to wash it off with solvent based W&G remover or even lacquer thinner. If you use lacquer thinner be sure to wash it all off and then wipe with W&G remover.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Return to Body and Paint