Misses a spot

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

Australia
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:48 am
Hey guys,

I finally got paint on my shell on the weekend (Solid Single Stage 2k).
All looks pretty good for a beginner.

However....On the roof, due to concentrating too much on keeping the gun straight and true and not tipping the gun in a joystick movement all over the place and getting heavier film builds in spots I dont want to, I have missed some spots on the roof drip rail.
Refer to the pic.

How can I fix this? I was thinking of mixing a little bit of paint and with a very fine art brush carefully brushing some in to cover the missed spots.
If not, I guess I can mask everything up and spray some on. The tape line wont be visible from how deep inside the rail it will be.

Looking forward to replies, Cheers

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:44 am
Looks great! I think either solution will be fine. If you do brush it in, I'd over-reduce it a bit so it flows out and helps make the brush marks disappear.

Settled In

Australia
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:58 am
Oh thanks for that! I'm glad I asked, I didn't think to use any reducer at all due to it not needing to go into a gun! But that makes perfect sense. Plus I can imagine being applied by a brush with no reducer would make for a very thick coating which would not be ideal.
I'll probably go down the brush route, giving this area a coat will give me piece of mind knowing that it won't be exposed primer.

Cheers

Settled In

Australia
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:31 am

I just noticed a section where the back taped pre painted jamb area must of layed back over a section of primer. so when the outside colour coats have been put on and unmasked it revealed a small line of primer between the painted jamb and outside. Could I also apply some paint by brush then level it out and then colour sand and buff it out for an invisible repair?

Remember I did use a single stage solid colour and the fresh paint hasn't been sanded or buffed yet.

Cheers

Return to Body and Paint