U-POL Raptor single bottles

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:21 am
Searched and searched but could not find the answer. If I were to buy U-POL Raptor in single bottles (not in the kit), does it come with the appropriate reducer? Also, if it doesn't come with the reducer, could I use any old urethane reducer?

Thanks,
Rick

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:15 am
Raptor doesn't come with reducer it comes with hardener.
The bottles of undercoat are filled to a certain level and you add hardener to a line in the bottles, shake well and then spray.
My jobber sells the 4 bottle kit, with hardener and gun to spray it with for $107. If you only use one bottle the rest will be there when you need them.

I don't know if anyone sells single bottles with hardener. My guess is they are selling left over bottles from kits and you will still need to buy the hardener.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Settled In
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:45 am
Thanks. Hardener is the added part. I have seen single bottles around but never could figure out if they came with the hardener. $107 for the 4 bottles is a heck of a deal.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:49 pm
Will any other hardener work or do you have to use the U-Pol hardener?

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:49 pm
Other urethane hardeners will work as long as that hardener is used in a 3:1 mixing ratio. And yes you can reduce no more than 10% with a urethane reducer.

I have used Valspar HPC1 in the raptor liner. And I reduce for different textures
But I don't recommend going over 5%. I have also used retarder in it for very large areas to keep it wet so I don't get dry edges I don't recommend playing with the ratios or different hardeners. If you're not doing anything bigger than a bed of a truck and it's not over 80 degrees you shouldn't need reducer.
Experienced Trained Certified

SATA Spray Equipment Germany
Axalta ChromaBase Elite Standox Imron 5000 6000
PPG Delfeet Deltron Global Matthews
Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Genesis
Valspar DeBeer LIC
Akzo Nobel Sikkens Lesonal

Return to Body and Paint