Underbody Coating with this finish?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:28 am
I am searching for a good underbody coating with this flatness and texture. Has anyone used one that has the same appearance that is also a quality product? It seems UPOL raptor is the go-to for underbody coatings but it seems to be a bit more glossy than what I want.

Thanks!

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:47 am
Bump

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:54 pm
3M rubberized undercoating kinda has that look and texture if applied on something smooth.
If it ain't BROKE fix it till it is!!

Board Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:05 am
Is the undercoat you are trying to match factory? If so you may have to go to them or buy the Raptor and see if you can flatten it some by thinning. Also they make a tintable Raptor kit that you could dial in the color on.
1968 Coronet R/T

ACTS 16:31

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:07 am
DURASPANK wrote:3M rubberized undercoating kinda has that look and texture if applied on something smooth.

I originally picked out 3M rubberized undercoating, but I have read several replies on here saying that rubberized undercoating was no good and its also a 1k product, I can't seem to find a 2k product with that look though.

Settled In

USA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:09 am
'68 Coronet R/T wrote:Is the undercoat you are trying to match factory? If so you may have to go to them or buy the Raptor and see if you can flatten it some by thinning. Also they make a tintable Raptor kit that you could dial in the color on.

It is not factory, just a preference. I noticed that there was a tintable Raptor kit, but I have no idea how to actually go about tinting it. Could I just take it to a autobody supply place and have them add in some color or would it be something that I added the color to myself?

Thanks for the replies.

Return to Body and Paint