More Tamco paint products

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:44 pm
I'm still working on building the catalog pages for these products but wanted to let you know that after about a year of both using and selling selected Tamco clears and primers I have decided to extend the offering to additional products:

HC-4100 high solids clear
Hi-Impact clear
2K dedicated Urethane sealer
Universal Epoxy primer

Link to Tamco section of the online store: http://www.autobody101.com/store/tamco/

If my personal experience with Tamco over the last year had been anything but excellent I would not be going further. In fact I am getting so much positive feedback from online customers and my son is constantly getting referrals from people who have had vehicles through our home shop - it's obvious the integrity is real - our friends in Virginia know how to make an exceptional set of refinishing products.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:06 pm
Sweet, the more the merrier...have to try this stuff! :goodjob:

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:06 pm
The Hi-Impact clear looks interesting. I could see a lot of uses for it on motorcycle tins, helmets, and anything that will take a beating.

I just finished a review on the Rust Killer DTM primer. This stuff is just as nice as the regular DTM, with the added benefits.
:goodjob:

The weather is getting nicer and I have at least 3 projects to complete this summer. I have one project almost ready to shoot BC/CC, so I'll write a review on the HC-2100 soon.

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:01 am
Thanks for the feedback and review :-) Look forward to hearing how you like the HC-2100.

Fully Engaged

USA
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:44 pm
Chris Im getting ready to order the Tamco 2100 clear. Im in San Diego county, its normally pretty warm 80+ and dry, would it be better to get the slow hardener or stick with the medium? Medium states 70-90 and Slow = 85-95. Also is it a good idea to reduce this clear? Thanks.

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:38 am
Drew, my rule of thumb is to lean on the slow side if you are doing a complete, so you can keep a wet edge in play as you get around the car. If you are just doing a couple of panels, you can get away with medium even if it is hot in your shop.

80+ ambient I'd probably go for the slow activator if I'm painting the entire car. Let it flash really well...no harm waiting longer than the minimum flash time between costs.

You don't need to reduce this clear but you can if you have to. We have shot probably 15 cars so far with it and have never felt the need to reduce it.

Non-Lurker
USA
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:23 pm
I have purchased the DTM primer and I am almost ready to start using it. Does anyone have experience with the single stage paint from Tamco? I would like to buy the paint from them as well.

Thanks

Non-Lurker
USA
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:34 pm
Is there a link to the DTM review?

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:08 pm
Matt, the review VWBobby was kind enough to write up was for the "direct to anything" rust-encapsulating primer:

http://www.autobody101.com/store/paint- ... ge-reviews

If you are looking for any of the single stage Tamco paint for example their SS black which I was just discussing with them the other day, let me know I can get it for you. I will be adding it to the online store here, soon...free shipping...

Non-Lurker
USA
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:26 am
Very cool! I should be ready in a couple of months. Thanks
Next

Return to Body and Paint