Thanks "autobody101", I am officially a Pro now... :)

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:04 pm
Landed a job at a restoration and hot rod shop doing body and paint work, not too shabby for an old CARpenter... I'm loving it so far! :happy: :happy: :happy:

How did I get such a job? The owner of the business saw my car at a show and approached me! When I was told I have the job, it took me about 0 seconds to make my decision, I turned in my carpentry tools the next day and headed in to the body shop for work...best thing of all, not even a pay cut. Heck yea!! I'm all over this gig...fun fun fun so far!!

It's a 2 man operation in the body shop, I am assisting the manager who is a painter/ body man with 30+ years experience. Looking forward to learning EVERYTHING!

My dream job has arrived, and the first two days went excellent, didnt even realize I was "working" !!

66 mustang headed to the booth for Tuesday... yours truly blocked and masked... :neutral: ... the booth is brand spanking new last week, 20 Gs!

My 72 Nova in front of the body work building ...

After 25 years of working just for a paycheck, I get to do what I love and live my dream! Loving life right now! :bighug:

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:11 pm
Andy this is great news and accept my heartfelt congratulations! Your Nova is the best resume you could want, I know you will do great at your new gig - enjoy! :goodjob:

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:33 am
cool man, sounds like a great opportunity keep your eyes and ears open all the time. isn't it great doing something you really like.
Jay D.
PS don't forget this place you always have good comments here.
they say my name is Jay

Fully Engaged
USA
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:24 pm
Thats awesome, congrats!

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:12 pm
badsix wrote:cool man, sounds like a great opportunity keep your eyes and ears open all the time. isn't it great doing something you really like.
Jay D.
PS don't forget this place you always have good comments here.

I definitely will I want to know this trade backwards, forwards, top to bottom... If I never pick up a stick of lumber again it will be soon enough!

This place is awesome... I'll be around :worthy:

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:13 pm
wahoo wrote:Thats awesome, congrats!

thanks buddy :allgood:

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:14 pm
chris wrote:Andy this is great news and accept my heartfelt congratulations! Your Nova is the best resume you could want, I know you will do great at your new gig - enjoy! :goodjob:

Thanks so much chris for this wonderful site... knowledge on here can't be measured. Great people. :worthy: :goodjob:

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:30 am
Congratulations!
:goodjob:
There's no better compliment than being offered a job from quality work. Restoration work is nice cause you don't have to worry about insurance companies and customers who don't care about anything but cost.

No Turning Back

USA
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:46 pm
vwbobby wrote:Congratulations!
:goodjob:
There's no better compliment than being offered a job from quality work. Restoration work is nice cause you don't have to worry about insurance companies and customers who don't care about anything but cost.

Thanks bobby, been great so far. I love the old classic cars. :happy:

Fully Engaged

Canada
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:16 pm
Good for you and congrats on your new job I hope you will enjoy it.Your attention to detail as a finishing carpenter will serve you well in the autobody industry.I wish you well :goodjob:
Next

Return to Body and Paint