based on these pics, was new rear panel replaced?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:35 pm
this tahoe was shipped cross country and out of my possession for 2 weeks. upon receipt, the rear quarter panel and back of the back door looks to me like it was damaged en route and fixed. in the 2 "before pictures" the reflections are crisp and accurate. In the "after pictures" the reflections are dull and inaccurate. in the second "before" picture, the reflection on the rear panel and the reflection in the window above somewhat match up in clarity and accuracy. in the after picture #2 they do not. also, in the first "after" picture, the reflection goes from clear and crisp on the front door to blurry toward the rear quarter panel. So I believe something happened to the rear panel/back door in route and it was hastily fixed. but i am not a professional in this area so i don't really know. I would love to hear if an experienced person thinks that it looks like it as been damaged and fixed, it hasn't been damaged and fixed or if it's too hard to tell from the pictures. Thank you.

Before:
before (1).jpg
before #1

before (2).jpg
before #2

After:
photo 2 - after.jpg
after #1

after 008 - after.jpg
after #2

Site Admin
USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:36 pm
Hard to tell from photos; different angles, different lighting, etc.

Bring it to any decent collision shop and they can tell you in under 10 seconds if it had been repaired.

Return to Body and Paint