decoding centari paint chart

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Top Contributor
Australia
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:41 pm
yankee99 wrote:
Kevin Campbell wrote:Apologies, I hadn't noticed that you were halfway around the globe.

In the states, Centari is an acrylic enamel. Old technology. My guess is that your Centari is equivalent to our Chromabase system here which is 1 to 1 mix.

No problem but its difficult as a lot of products here seem to be region specific meaning it might be the same product sold in the states but using a different iten number here. So Google doesn't always show enough informative results.
And tds are also hard to come by.

The local paint supply shop uses all centari for colors and nason and chromax for clears. The best thing seems the prices are a lot cheaper than in the west ;)

Centari in the US used to be the same system that we are still using. L400 acrylic lacquer was, and is, part of that system - acrylic enamel wasn't, as far as I'm aware.

The system is hugely popular throughout Asia, largely because of L400. Also because we don't have the same restrictive laws on emissions. Because Australia comes under Axalta's Asia grouping we still have it here too.

OP, Resene in New Zealand has all the TDS readily available on their web site. You can get them from the Axalta Australia site too, but need to register.
http://www.rali.co.nz/rali-resene-technical-safety-data-sheets/#

In order to maintain good colour matches Dupont/Axalta only use the 6000 line for 3 layer pearls. I can see the logic of that - we just charge a bit more to cover the increased materials cost.
Chris
Previous

Return to Body and Paint