Best way to fix this panel damage?

General Discussion. Make yourself at home...read, ask and answer!

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:23 pm
20160716_135644.jpg
Hey everyone,

So we have a door on a 96 Camry that got hit and knocked out of alignment so that it would neither fully open or close - the doors been shifted ever so slightly forward so that it was wedged into overlapping the panel in front of it. In order to get the door to close we had to pry the space between the panels and have ended up with this dent damage seen in the picture.

What do people think the best way to go about repairing this will be, and is it worth it to try and fix it at home. Anyone know anything about removing those front panels to possibly bang it out? Also is it worth the time to call local junkyards for a possible replacement for the door, because I'm guessing the hinges are the problem there. We've gotten it to close, but it's still a problem if it opens again

Top Contributor
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:42 pm
you need to fully survey the damages a lot can get bent up when the door gets hit like that. then I would get on the phone and start calling wrecking yards and see what you can find. you can probably find those parts reasonably priced, this would be a quick and easy way to cure your problem. you could fix your parts but its going to take a fare amount of skill, money, time and tools to do it yourself.
Jay D.
they say my name is Jay

Top Contributor
USA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:27 pm
Aftermarket fenders for a Camry are to cheap to try and fix one.
Last one I got was less than $50.00
JC.

(It's not custom painting-it's custom sanding)

Non-Lurker

USA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:02 am
Where's a good place to get the aftermarket parts?

Return to Body and Paint